Skip to main content

WHEN DO I FEEL CONNECTED...


A few months back I had the opportunity to pick up a few vintage items from a friend. She was changing this design in her room and letting go of the shabby chic vibe. I could not pass up this beautiful antique lamp. So excited to get home and rearrange things to make room for this lamp. Found the perfect spot for it. Dusted the room. Made the bed. Closed the curtains and went to turn it on...no light. Wow. I was disappointed. Took the light bulb out. Got a replacement light bulb. Replaced it. Sat down in the chair to read. Flipped the switch...nothing. What? There was a problem with the wiring. After all this, my beautiful lamp, that was a perfect accent to my room did not light up.

This week I started a 6 week tele-training THE ABUNDANT CREATIVE through FIRE TREE STUDIOS w/ MELISSA D'ANTONI. One of our first assignments is to journal on a daily basis when and how you feel connect to your creative source. After sitting quietly, the image of the lamp came to my mind. Beautiful, timeless, classic, many textures and facets, but not being used to for what it was created to be. To light up a room. Yes it looks pretty on the credinza, but it was designed to be plugged in and give off light. 

When I am connected to God, the ultimate artisan, I light up. When I open the Word of God, I connect with the creator, the one I was created in His image and I light up. My fear subsides. My anxiety flees and I feel connected. That there is a path and I am on it, no matter the choices or decisions I make along the way. 

When I am connected. I let go of failure, wrong choices, guilt and a cleansing wind rushes over me taking the debris of my past years, days, hours.  I am left sanctified. It is in the Holy place of sanctification that I am free to bring forth the vision. I make time to listen. To write. To Draw. To paint. To inspire and be inspired. When I am free. I make time for me. Take care of me. I am being guided. I am connected to the HEALER and I am being healed.

I feel connected when I take time to be quiet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  {Winston Churchill}

Jacob's Exhibit: The Book of John 11/05/2007

I had booked an art exhibit at St. John the Divine that would open in 15 months. I had no idea that I would be five months pregnant with Jacob. I could not have planned this. It was during this pregnancy and this out pouring of creativity that I considered this thought for the first time: I AM MOST CREATIVE WHEN I AM WITH CHILD. This made sense, God is the ultimate artisian and He created me in His image therefore I was created to create. This is the vision that I would base all of my work on in the following years. When I got started on the exhibit it was Fall 2002. I prayed that the Lord would reveal the number of paintings and the scipture that I would dive into. We had been at Gateway for one year and I was sitting in the auditorium soaking up John Burke's words of experience and wisdom. He said, "if you are ready to get close to Jesus reading His word is the best way. Read either the Gospel of Mark or John." That was it. After church I opened up my Life Applic...